How to Select the Right Contractor
04 May, 21 /
Community, Sunland Asphalt
Contact Our Experts
Selecting a contractor doesn’t have to be difficult. Here are some tips on how to select the best contractor for your project.
- Start with your Network: Use your networking groups to vet potential contractors. A contractor’s membership in trade associations shows they are working to building a partnership with your business.
- Ask for Referrals: Within your network, ask others whom they would recommend. They can provide valuable, unbiased insight as to how the contractor performed and their overall experience on their projects. Word of mouth is one of the best ways to weed out mediocre contractors.
- Research: Visit the contractor’s website. A great website will educate you on the company, products and services. Be sure to look for team member bios, market sectors they serve, as well as profiles of projects similar to yours and customer testimonials. Active and up-to-date social media accounts such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter will also provide additional information.
- Meet with the Contractor: Schedule an introductory meeting with the contractor to meet the team. Many contractors are more than happy to schedule lunch and learns with potential customers to discuss the company, products, services and answer any questions you may have. The best contractors find that an educated customer is preferable to one that is uninformed.
- Ask the Right Questions: During your initial meeting with a contractor, it is important to ask the right questions. Ask questions about the company, their culture, sales and production teams, estimating, process, procedures, products, equipment, safety, etc.
- Walk the Walk: Once you’ve done due diligence, walk your property with the contractor. Many contractors will walk your property, provide an estimate and recommended maintenance plan with solutions that fit your schedule and budget.
When selecting a contractor, leave no stone unturned. Your project is a significant investment and you want to select a contractor with a great reputation and the expertise to deliver solutions to meet your needs.
With offices in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas, Sunland Asphalt & Construction is one of the most reliable contractors in the southwest. Our crews are ready to execute any pavement maintenance service to meet your schedule and your budget.
Click below to contact our experts for a free estimate today!